The latest survey of over 100 budding or new coffee shop and café owners has shown that over two-thirds of them want to understand their figures and benchmark how much money they should make
This survey is one of the largest polls on the issues that matter to new coffee shop owners, the major findings of the research include:
- 67% said that they were most concerned or confused with the ‘figures’ and especially how much money they should make
- 64% didn't know how to set up systems and processes to free them from the day to day running of their business
- 61% said they were confused about how to choose a great site to open
- 45% stated that they were concerned that their menu was not profitable enough and their average spend was too little
The survey reveals that most new coffee shop or café owners are not prepared properly before they open and struggle to make a decent profit for their endeavours. The study was prompted in preparation for the Coffee shop Start-up Bootcamp being run by John Richardson and Andrew & Claire Bowen at Union Hand Roasted Coffee's brand new Campus in London over three days from 20th September 2017.
We speak to new coffee shops every day who are missing out on tens of thousands of profit every year because of these issues which is why we are running the Bootcamp in September. The Bootcamp is designed to give them the solution – every little thing they need to do to set up a successful and profitable coffee shop. It’s absolutely the fastest way to get from idea to fully functional and profitable business.
Coffee Profit Lab
We have recorded a Webinar that answers these exact four questions - click the button below to watch the training
- Coffee Shop Owners Survey 2017
Download the results in more detail